The disaster could be anything: hurricane, tornado, flood, fire, snow storm.
The question is, what happens to your data when disaster strikes. Do you have a disaster recovery (DR) plan in place? Do you even have a reliable data back-up (BU) solution in place? In the industry we call this BU/DR. And the sad fact is that most companies are not properly and fully prepared for disaster.
Working with you to protect your data and develop an effective disaster recovery plan, Strategic Systems Group (SSG) will walk you through a comprehensive checklist to determine if your current BU/DR plans are sufficient or need bolstering.
Here are 10 examples of questions that we will review with you.
- How much storage capacity to you have?
- Do you have off site back up?
- How frequently is your data backed up?
- How often do you check to make sure your back up is actually working?
- Are you backing up to the cloud?
- For how long are backups retained?
- Are they encrypted?
- Can your systems remain operational during an outage or disaster?
- How is your fail-over availability configured and set up?
- Will your users continue to have remote access?
SSG understands that our manufacturing clients cannot afford downtime. Every minute is costly. In fact, based on industry surveys, Gartner estimates that the cost per minute of downtime is $5,600, or well more than $300,000 per hour.1 This represents an untenable situation for our clients, which is why they rely on us for BU/DR.
In the wake of recent disasters (Hurricanes Harvey and Irma) and breaches (Equifax), it’s easy to see that not only is there a dollar cost associated with unplanned downtime, but also a concomitant cost to your ongoing operational ability. Not to mention the harm to your reputation as a reliable company.
SSG will make sure that you are prepared for the worst case scenario. For more information about quality BU/DR for manufacturers, call SSG at 310.539.4645 or email us at email@example.com. We look forward to speaking with you soon.