Biometric Security Solutions Company
In business for over 40 years, “Company C” designs, develops and supports state-of-the-art security and identity technologies and solutions across the United States. Company C is the U.S. leader in biometric technologies, including fingerprint, palmprint, face and iris recognition, and serves key customers such as the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Department of Defense (DOD), Department of State and the Transportation Security Administration (TSA).
Company C did not have sufficient internal resources to support its custom-developed enterprise resource planning (ERP) application and, as a result, was not able to achieve the efficiency and productivity improvements the system was supposed to deliver.
In addition, the company physically relocated and moved its operations from Washington to California. The new California office took over responsibilities for ERP system maintenance and support functions. This move resulted in the loss of internal support for its custom developed ERP application.
Company C wanted to be able to maintain, use and support its existing home-grown, custom ERP system until it was able to migrate to its next generation ERP system. In addition, Company C had an internal lack of technical and business process support capability as well as a shortage of I/T personnel. Company C needed to mitigate the risk of keeping its custom ERP system running efficiently without sufficient development staff support.
Company C required assistance in the evaluation and selection of its next generation replacement ERP system.
SSG provided the following business process improvements:
- On an interim basis, SSG provided technical support services for Company C’s existing ERP system. This included software development that added new functionality as well as a help desk system to support users of the custom-developed software.
- Business process mapping and fit assessment services for current and new ERP systems. This involved a thorough business process and work-flow analysis, which allowed SSG to gain a comprehensive understanding Company C’s business.
- SSG provided services to review and evaluate alternative ERP solutions.
- With SSG’s software support services, Company C successfully mitigated the risk of utilizing its existing custom ERP system prior to the implementation of its new ERP system.
- Company C’s efficiency metrics improved as a result of SSG’s software development and associated consulting services.
- SSG will be assisting Company C with evaluation, selection and implementation of a new, fully-functional ERP system with full support from software publisher.
For more information about how SSG can help your organization, please contact SSG at (310) 539-4645 or via the contact form today!